Welcome

"So come lose your life for a carpenter's son
For a madman who died for a dream
And you'll have the faith His first followers had
And you'll feel the weight of the beam"--Michael Card

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Psalm 16 - The Resurrection Psalm

David says he has no good apart from God. That's a powerful statement. What does it mean? How is it significant for you and me? And what does God demand of us? Will he take anything he can get? And what is our most valuable possession? All of these questions are answered and more, and that's before we even get to the meat of the psalm which is the last three verses.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices;
my flesh also dwells secure.
For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol,
or let your holy one see corruption.
You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.


In what does David hope? To what does he look forward? Does any of this have anything to do with Christ? And why preach this on Easter Sunday? I hope you will take the time to listen to this sermon preached at the Winnsboro Reformed Church on Easter Sunday 2016. Does the Old Testament, specifically the book of Psalms, have anything to say about Jesus' resurrection? Click the link below and see.

Click here: Psalm 16 - The Resurrection Psalm

No comments: