Welcome

"So come lose your life for a carpenter's son
For a madman who died for a dream
And you'll have the faith His first followers had
And you'll feel the weight of the beam"--Michael Card

Sunday, March 13, 2016

1 Chronicles

The Chronicles of the Kings of Judah in two volumes. Pretty self-explanatory, right? Well, not exactly, but, sort of.

1 Chronicles begins with one of the longest stretches of genealogy in all the Bible. (To understand why it does this, you'll need to watch the video.) Then it picks up at the death of King Saul and begins re-telling the story of David. Why the redundancy? Why are we covering the same material again? Is it exactly the same? What's going on? And what does it have to do with me as a Christian?


There's also a great segment toward the end of the first video where John asks me about contradictions in the Bible. Isn't the Bible full of them? And what does a Bible believer say about that? Well, I have quite a bit to say about that it turns out, though I had forgotten I said it until I re-watched the video.

The first video is about fifteen minutes long. The second one only seven. There is much more to 2 Chronicles than you might think and I hope you will take the time to watch and perhaps learn a little more about this great book.






No comments: