Welcome

"So come lose your life for a carpenter's son
For a madman who died for a dream
And you'll have the faith His first followers had
And you'll feel the weight of the beam"--Michael Card

Saturday, July 7, 2018

The Faithfulness of God - Mark 14:22-26

This is the fifty-ninth sermon in the series I preached through the Gospel of Mark. It is a description of Mark’s account of the Last Supper. If you have never heard much detail about what is going on here then you’ll want to listen. Not only do I give you a play by play between-the-lines reading of what’s going on, but I also show it’s significance in redemptive history and for our salvation. This is an amazing passage of Scripture!




Here’s an excerpt:

The first cup symbolized God’s bringing his people out of Egypt. The second cup their deliverance from bondage. The third cup symbolized the “I will redeem you,” part and this is the cup that Jesus has held up and blessed and said, “This is my blood of the covenant which is poured out for many.” It is the cup of redemption. The fourth cup is the cup of consummation: “I will take you to be my people and I will be your God.” This is the cup that Jesus refuses until the consummation of the kingdom. He will not drink this cup until he drinks it new in the kingdom of God.”

Give this sermon a listen and perhaps you will see in greater detail the ramifications of the Last Supper for our salvation both in the immediate and the eternal. Enjoy!


Click here: Mark 14:22-26 - The Faithfulness of God


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No comments: