Welcome

"So come lose your life for a carpenter's son
For a madman who died for a dream
And you'll have the faith His first followers had
And you'll feel the weight of the beam"--Michael Card

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Psalm 13 - Where Is God When I Need Him?

Psalm 13 is known as the "How long" psalm, because of David's repetition of that question in the first two verses.
How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day? How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?
It is a song of lament sung by David at a time in his life when he felt like God was nowhere to be found. Have you ever felt that way? Why does God sometimes seem far off? Why does he allow trials into my life and then seem silent when I cry out to him? And how should I react to that? And where is Jesus in all this? Can Jesus be found in this psalm? Click on the link below and it will take you to the page on Soundcloud where you will find the sermon I preached on this psalm this morning at the Winnsboro Reformed Church in Winnsboro, Texas. There you can either stream the sermon and listen to it now or download it to listen to it later. May God increase your faith as you open your heart and mind to his word.

Click here: Psalm 13 - Where Is God When I Need Him?


No comments: