Welcome

"So come lose your life for a carpenter's son
For a madman who died for a dream
And you'll have the faith His first followers had
And you'll feel the weight of the beam"--Michael Card

Sunday, April 12, 2015

A Fresh Start


It has been a long time since I blogged regularly or consistently and, to be honest, I don't care much for blogging even right now. But I am going to start blogging again, not to acquire readers or even to be read, really. I am going to blog because I am going to write. And writing is what I need to be doing.

You can already tell by the above paragraph that my writing needs a lot of work.

I also wanted a place to put my YouTube videos somewhere other than just on my pastor's YouTube page. Where else, I thought, but on my old blog? So if you wander by here know that I am just practicing my writing and using this place as an old storage shed.

What to look for? Hmm. Well, you can look for two things. Look for the videos, one at a time, of our Old Testament Survey Sunday School series. This is Pastor John R. Pflug and I thinking out loud about the Old Testament and hopefully passing along some good information along the way.

And look for my bible study series from the book of Philippians that I deliver in seven different nursing home and assisted living facilities here locally. I'm going to try to break them up and present them in a daily devotional format. But I won't be putting them up daily, you can be sure of that.

From time to time I may also put up something else, if the mood hits me, but it won't be politics or social activism you can be fairly sure.

Oh, and one other thing. I am doing this entirely from my iPad mini. So if things sometimes look a bit quirky, well, now you'll know why. Blessings.


No comments: