Welcome

"So come lose your life for a carpenter's son
For a madman who died for a dream
And you'll have the faith His first followers had
And you'll feel the weight of the beam"--Michael Card

Monday, August 29, 2016

Psalm 26 A Psalm of Self-Examination

Vindicate me, O LORD,
for I have walked in my integrity,
and I have trusted in the LORD without wavering.
Prove me, O LORD, and try me;
test my heart and my mind.
For your steadfast love is before my eyes,
and I walk in your faithfulness.
Psalm 26:1-3 ESV

What does David mean when he says he has walked in his integrity? And what kind of vindication is he looking for?



As in many of the other psalms, in this psalm David is crying out to God about false accusations that have been leveled at him. But he wants more than just for God to vindicate him. He wants an examination. He is looking inward and asking God to show him what is there. He wants to be better. So in the sermon from this psalm we look at that, going verse by verse and asking God to improve our walk of faith in this world. The sermon was preached on Sunday, August 14 at the Winnsboro Reformed Church in Winnsboro, Texas. Just click the link below and it will take you to the page on Soundcloud where an MP3 recording of this sermon can be found. God bless.

Psalm 26

No comments: