Welcome

"So come lose your life for a carpenter's son
For a madman who died for a dream
And you'll have the faith His first followers had
And you'll feel the weight of the beam"--Michael Card

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Psalm 23 - The Shepherd Psalm

Psalm 23 contains one of the most well-known poems in all of literature. It is certainly one of the most famous passages in the Bible. It appears on the pamphlet of just about every funeral I attend, and I attend more than a few. Psalm. 23 is famous and beloved and for good reason. It tells of the care the great shepherd exercises over his sheep.



I preached a sermon from this psalm on Sunday, July 17, at the Winnsboro Reformed Church. In the sermon I talk about the Christian life and the Christian death and what this psalm has to say about them. I also point out how the psalm points to Jesus Christ, the Great Shepherd of the sheep.

Click here to listen: Psalm 23 - The Shepherd Psalm

No comments: